Dr Tan Yung Khan is the Medical Director of Urohealth Medical Clinic, providing specialized care in prostate cancers, kidney cancers, kidney stone diseases, bladder diseases and men’s health issues. He is an accredited robotic surgeon in robotic and minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures. He has also gone abroad to Myanmar, Malaysia, Thailand, South Africa and USA to share his expertise through live surgery demonstrations and giving talks. Dr Tan Yung Khan adopts a holistic approach to patient care with the support of his qualified clinical team at Urohealth Medical Clinic.
Dr Tan Yung Khan is a Senior Consultant in Urology who is accredited in major hospitals; Mount Elizabeth Hospital (Novena and Orchard), Gleneagles Hospital, Mount Alvernia Hospital and Raffles Hospital. He is also currently a Visiting Consultant with Tan Tock Seng Hospital and KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Dr Tan Yung Khan is the Vice-President of Singapore Urological Association (SUA). He is an active researcher who has received an award for “Best Paper” at the Engineering and Urology Society Meeting which was part of the American Urological Association Annual Meeting in 2011. Dr Tan Yung Khan has also successfully performed the “First in Human Robotic Kidney Stone Surgery”.
Dr Tan Yung Khan was formerly a Senior Consultant Urologist and Director of Endourology and Minimally Invasive at Tan Tock Seng Hospital. He initiated and established these medical technologies in Tan Tock Seng Hospital;
- Greenlight Vaporisation of the Prostate
– A surgical technique that significantly reduces bleeding as compared to TURP (Transurethal resection of the prostate to treat enlarged prostates). This procedure can be performed on patients on blood thinners.
- UroNav Fusion Biopsy of the Prostate
– Paradigm shift in method of prostate biopsy. Targeted MRI/ultrasound biopsy is positioned to become a new standard in prostate care and cancer detection.
- Supine PCNL
– Minimally invasive kidney surgery for removal of large kidney stones which involves a much smaller incision and quicker recovery time for patients.
Dr Tan Yung Khan graduated from the University of Melbourne in 2000 and completed his postgraduate surgical degrees from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2006 and Masters in Surgery from National University of Singapore (NUS) in 2007.
After completing his Specialist Urology Training at Tan Tock Seng Hospital in 2010, Dr Tan Yung Khan completed Fellowships at University Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Columbia Medical Center in New York.
Dr Tan Yung Khan was awarded the National Medical Research Council (NMRC) Fellowship to train at the University Texas Southwestern Medical Center. The training focused on minimally invasive surgery, the development of novel microparticles in the treatment of kidney stone diseases and research on new ways to ablate kidney cancers.
He also received the Ministry of Health Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) award and was accepted into the Endourology Society Fellowship Programme at Columbia Medical Center. Dr Tan Yung Khan continued to develop his skills in endourology and minimally invasive urologic surgery.
Dr Tan Yung Khan was also an Adjunct Assistant Professor at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine and a Senior Lecturer with Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine in Singapore.
- Columbia Medical Center (New York, US)
- University Texas Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, US)