- MBBS (Hons), University of Melbourne
- Member, Royal College of Physicians (UK)
- Master of Medicine (Int Med), National University of Singapore
- Fellow, Academy of Medicine (Gastroenterology) Singapore
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh)
Dr Tan Poh Seng is a senior consultant specialising in Gastroenterology & Hepatology (digestive & liver diseases) in Singapore.
Dr Tan’s clinical expertise includes advanced liver diseases, viral hepatitis, fatty liver, liver cirrhosis, liver cancer and liver transplantation, in addition to common digestive diseases and endoscopic procedures such as gastroscopy, sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy, polypectomy, endoscopic variceal ligation and capsule endoscopy.
Prior to entering private practice, Dr Tan was the Director of Clinical Services and a senior consultant of the Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, National University Hospital (NUH), a senior consultant of the Liver Transplant Programme at the National University Centre for Organ Transplantation and the Clinical Lead for the Hepatobiliary Tumor Group at the National University Cancer Institute. He was also an assistant professor at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore and a core faculty member for the Gastroenterology & Hepatology Senior Residency programme at NUH.
Dr Tan has also served as the deputy Patient Safety Officer for University Medicine Cluster at NUH. Dr Tan is currently a visiting consultant at NUH where he continues to be involved in postgraduate education and training of future specialists.
He has authored numerous research publications and conducted various clinical studies as a principal investigator in the field of liver transplantation, immunosuppression and hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer).
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology (digestive diseases, liver diseases, endoscopy, liver transplantation)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease, peptic ulcer disease, Helicobacter pylori, gastritis, duodenitis, gastroenteritis, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, colon polyp, colon cancer screening.
- Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, Alcoholic liver disease, autoimmune hepatitis, primary biliary cholangitis, primary sclerosing cholangitis, Wilson disease, liver fibrosis, liver cirrhosis, liver failure, portal hypertension, liver cancer.
- Bahasa Melayu
- Certificate of Specialist Accreditation
- Specialist Accreditation Board
- Ministry of Health, Singapore
- Mount Elizabeth Hospital
- Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital
- Gleneagles Hospital
- Parkway East Hospital
- Mount Alvernia Hospital
- Farrer Park Hospital
- Most Popular Research Poster, Asia Pacific Primary Liver Cancer Expert Meeting 2017
- Top Scored Research Abstract, International Liver Cancer Association – Annual Conference 2014
- Health Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) Award 2013
- National Scholar Award, United European Gastroenterology Federation Week 2011
- Honorary Secretary and Member, Gastroenterological Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Medical Association