- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Singapore)
- Member Royal College of Physicians (United Kingdom)
- Master of Public Health (Harvard University)
- Fellow American College of Cardiology
- Fellow Academy of Medicine Singapore (Cardiology)
- Fellow Asean College of Cardiology
- Clinical exercise specialist (American College of Sports Medicine)
- Diplomate Certification Board Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (U.S.A)
Dr. Ting is a senior consultant cardiologist with special interests in non-invasive imaging, management of heart valve disorders and coronary artery disease. He advocates and plans structured lifestyle therapy programs for patients to reverse or slow the progression of coronary artery disease and other chronic lifestyle-related conditions.
- Special interests in non-invasive imaging, management of heart valve disorders and coronary artery disease.
- Plans structured lifestyle therapy programs for patients to reverse or slow the progression of coronary artery disease, as well as treat other lifestyle related conditions such as hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes and obesity; thereby reducing reliance on prescription medications.
- Graduated from National University Singapore in 1999, with an undergraduate medical degree
- Trained in internal medicine and became a member of the Royal College of Physicians UK in 2002
- Underwent specialty training in general cardiology at the National Heart Centre Singapore
- Received a scholarship in 2007 to pursue subspecialty training in preventive cardiology and cardiac rehabilitation at the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute (MAHI), one of the leading heart institutes in Canada.
- Awarded a second fellowship to train in advanced adult echocardiography at the MAHI in 2009
- Learned to use contrast echocardiography to improve the accuracy of assessing heart function and diagnosing coronary artery narrowing without the need for ionizing radiation.
- Gained experience in the diagnosis and evaluation of valvular heart disorders using newer
- Returned to the National Heart Centre, where he further developed aforementioned skills by providing echo support for various valvular and structural procedures, and was part of the pioneering team of percutaneous mitraclip implantation in the treatment of mitral valve regurgitation.
- A certified clinical exercise specialist by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), and it proficient in cardiopulmonary exercise testing for the diagnosis and evaluation of cardiac conditions, as well as optimization of fitness.
- Board-certified in cardiovascular computed tomography (CBCCT U.S.A.)
- StarMed Specialist Centre
- Parkway Group
- Farrer Hospital
- Mount Alvernia Hospital
- Service Quality Award (Singhealth)